Matt T's Site
Private Passworded Journal
Table of Contents
Stuff about me
TO get a hold of me
Pictures of my Family
What Lego Are You
Mercedes CLK55 AMG
Subaru WRX Sti
My Sporttrac
The Subaru WRX
The 240 Project
Pictures of my Friends
UCSD People or Places
Friends' Cars
Car Show Pics
Cars I have Driven
Thompson Comes Alive!!
Boo-ya, You Have Been Talbotronned
Lets Make A Story
Emotional Outburst Page
Vacation Log
(Only When Exciting)-Journal
MT's Movie Reviews and Previews
Links I go to, and my guestbook.
Talbot Autos

This journal is gonna be a lot more private and a lot more in depth on specific subjects.  I don't really know who is reading my journal, and if I want to talk about a specific girl or a little street racing then this is the place.  I will continue this part in college most likely.  With the password guard I can talk about whatever I want, and I will just make sure to limit who can come in and see it.  If you are reading this, feel priviledged.  Not only do I trust you, but you are good friend as well.

Driving Journal:
Night of 12/10/02- Well went out for this drive about 1:30am I believe, but instead of just going for a normal cruise, I took Jad, my roomate, and John, my suitemate with me.  First went to get some gas which will hopefully allow me to get all the way home without a problem.  After the store and dropping them off I went out for some hardcore runs.  I returned to my old favorite spot by the 805 on Miramar but there is only room for 0-60mph there.  If you want to do the quarter mile it continues into a curve and that gets a bit scary.  Regardless I had two quarter mile runs there.  Both better than those from last night, but only be a few 100ths of a second.  I then returned to North Torrey Pines which is right off campus and my favorite spot.  I had to go a little more north than I normally liked to due to a cop car just parked down the road.   I had a great run here thought.  Their is plenty of room for the 1/4th here.  The road is smooth and straight.  I ripped a 5.48 0-60mph time and a 14.17 quarter mile at 98.4mph.  After this terrific run I decided to call it a night I returned back to the UCSD student parking lot.
Night of 12/09/02- Tonight was more of a relaxing drive.  Tin came with me, and when you have someone in the car with you its pointless to do some hardocre 0-60 and 1/4th mile runs, so I just drove on La Jolla Village, Miramar, and Genesee.  For the first time I can remember I saw a AE86 onthe road.  It was red with an aftermarket exhaust.  He looked over and gave me an knod.  We had mutually respect for the other car.  He knew what I had and I knew what he had.  He was a Japanese guy, 22 or 23 with black shaggy hair.  Very true to form asian racer.  We never were able to hit a red light for a race, but we did gun it a couple times at 45mph and got up to 75.  I pulled a few cars on him, but the AE86 isnt about straight line speed.  It is about handeling.  Would like to see what he could do in that thing. Oh well.  It was a good night of driving.

8/22/02-  Since I am driving the 330ci convertible now, that was what I had to run.  I though Steve's GSX would smoke me, but he beat me by about 2 car lengths.  After two runs we pulled back in behind.  At that point I realized I had the AC on.  We decided to run again.  With the AC off it was even.  I was so proud of the 330ci convert.  Imagine what a coupe with a manula would do.  Smoke the gsx.  Well after that we decided to go to wallmart and hang out.  Steve saw some one he knew that had a mustang gt.  We quickly set up a race.  After driving around on the streets of Glendora for a while, they decided to just stop on Amelia just before the hill going south.  Steve smoked him bad.  Becuase of the hill we couldn't see for 3 seconds or so, but Steve was already two car lenths ahead.  It was a fun night.
8/23/02-  Steve called me up at about 10:30 saying he found some fellow dsm buddies that wanted to run their cars.  One guy had a sick eclipse gst. Some mods: BOV, intake, 16G turbo, intecooler, removal of catalytic converter, and ACT 5 Clutch.  Steve and gst ran first.  It was expected but by 1/8th of a mile the gst had pulled at least 2 or 3 cars on him.  I wasn't really into running the 330ci again but the Talon guy wanted to go.  I took him off the line and not until third gear did he catch up.  I was surpirised the 330ci convert did so well. I guess I never realized how fast it was.  Aaron and I left after that, but Steve and the Talon went, and Steve with the gsx won.  Another crazy night. Hehe.
8/24/02- Drove around with Eichienger last night.  Good times just cruising.  Makes me miss my car.  My cars really.  Remember how fun it wa to dust off the competition with the Subaru, or to surprise them with my truck.  Oh well. Whats done is done, and my truck will be back better than ever.  I gotta to smoke some 91-94 nissan se-r in his Legend.  I don't know what was going on but his Acura must of been running good.  It is an automatic and it chirped the tires froms 1st to 2nd.  It was kinda kick ass. Hehe.  Oh yea, adn there was some black guy in Starbucks reading a couple of Physcology books.  I overheard is phone conversation and he said he had a 357 in his car and how one time when some guy owed him money he went into his dorm room and slit his achilles( spelling wrong)   I was like, oh snap. Maybe he was lying but I did not get that impression.  Crazy night, more crazy to come.
8/26/02-  Took out the Grand AM and g-teched it.  Ran 7.3 for 0-60 and a 15.6 quarter mile with a speed of 93 miles per hour.  Pretty damn fast for a grand am.  Took the new Malibu rental car out.  It has like 38 miles on it.  Haha.  Oh well.  It ran a 8.2 sec 0-60, but I was unable to run it in the quarter mile yet.  We are on the waiting list for a Nissan Maxima, so hopefully that will come in soon.  That car will kick ass.  Took Aaron with me for the g-teching.  Just fucked around with the car sliding through turns and slamming on the brakes in water at 50mph before hitting a speed bump.  Hehe.  The domestic took it well.  Luckily it has 5,200 miles on it, so it was a little more broken in than the Malibu.  I will break the Malibu in just fine though. 
8/27/02- Well.  I won't repeat what I said in the normal section of the journal.  I picked up Sue at 4:00pm in the Grand Am.  She doesnt have a drivers license so she needed some help.  I drove her around to pick up somethings see needed and eventually took her to a friend that lives in Venice Beach.  It took about 50 minutes to get there but it took me like one hour and 40 minutes to get back because of traffic.  I had thought I might hit traffic on the way back, so I burned a new CD but I left it in the Malibu.  Damn oh well.  Another day done.  Another meal eatten at Chiles.  Bonus:  I found out they arent gonna make a roll pan for my truck so now I am screwed.  Instead of getting the back of my truck trick looking and black I have to buy the stock bumper for like $500 and then pay another $400 if I want to get it painted.  I dont know what to do?  They said a custom roll pan could be built for $1000, but with a $500 dollar credit from the stock bumper, it would only cost me $100 more than painting the stock one.  Gotta think hard.
8/29/02-  I am not gonna lie.  I will write about the following days from what I remeber now, 9/02/02.  I just didn't have a chance to update my site when I was in Berkeley.  Probably a good thing, right?  Well, Owen and I went to Ontario airport for our 1:10pm flight.  They stopped him at the metal detectors and searched him for a while.  I have a picture of it.  I will put it up later.   We just hung out  and got some food at Carls Jr. inside the aiport.  We began to board and I got through without a hitch, so I walked into the tunnel.  I looked behind me shortly hoping to see Owen.  He wasn't there.  I quickly walked back up and asked where my friend was.  The employee said he had been "randomly" choosen to be searched.  I walked down to the plane and put my luggage into a bin.  I was able to hold a seat for Owen, and several minutes later we were on our way.  My cousin picked us up in Oakland.  We dropped Owen at his friend Alena's house.  I went back to my cousins apartment to chill until my friends got out of their Thursday classes.  Well 5:30pm rolled around and my cousin dropped me off at Unit three of Ida Sproul.  This would be my home for the next four nights.  At this point I would like to thanks Herman, Andrew's roomate.  He was not in his room or his bed any night I was there.  His girlfriend lives close by so he spends a lot of "time" there.  Thanks Herman.  Anyway, I met a lot of people very quickly.  In the future please excuse the mispelling of these peoples' names.  Well after hanging out in unit 3 floor 2 for a while, and seeing Jim and Amy in the dinning commons it was time to party.  I walked down and got Owen.  We met up with Don and Andrew.  I told Don I would drink with him, but not drink so much I would get sick.  I lied.  That night we went to the Lodge, which is a house for a frat.  Met a lot of cool people.  Tobey was really nice.  Was anti-peer pressure.  Rob was cool too.  Erik was kinda wierd but alright.  Nick was cool, and liberal with his vodka.  We started off with a shot of rum and a shot of Saki.  Then we went bowling.  I was doing okay.  After the first game in which I bowled a 100 or so, we went and drank some more in the parking lot.  I had 4 shots of Vodka and 1/4th of a forty ouncer.  Owen had two shots of Vodka and all of a 40oz.  We went back inside and bowled another game.  I got three strikes in a row, also known as turkey.  Then we went back to the lodge and into Robs room.  Don went somewhere else but Andrew, Owen, and I were all there.  Rob made some strong Long Island Iced Teas, but they tasted great.  I finished one off in no time.  After finding and talking to Don for a while I came back and found Owen and Andrew.  They both had finished their Iced teas.  I asked Rob for another.  I drank that one in another ten minutes.  At this point we decided it would be a good time to go back.  I was very buzzed and I could tell Owen was too.  On the walk back I was having a lot of fun.  We passed a resturant called Top Dog.  A group of asian college students were standing outside.  I began interfering with there conversation and offering them gum.  After that we went back to Unit 3.  I can't really remeber everything from this point on, but I do remeber most of it.  Don and Owen disappeared.  Andrew took me into the lounge.  Ting was there playing piano and some other instruments with a guy named David and one more person.  I was trying not to interfere too much, but I really wanted to help some way so I offered to hold the sheet music.  I decided to walk around and after sitting on the floor in different places of the room, I began to feel sick.   Well I am not going to describe what came next but it involved the bathroom and it wans't pretty.  I felt really guilty about being drank and continuously apologized for what I was doing.  Andrew and Ting would come in a check on me every once and a while for about an hour.  They eventually convinced me to come outside.  Im glad they did becuase I felt better shortly after.  I didnt feel sick anymore but I still had a good buzz. They guided me to Andrew's room.  I laid down on the bed, and quickly fell asleep.  I would like to thank my support team of the night of Ting and Andrew.  I cannot express my gratitude.
8/30/02- I woke up at 11:00am the next day.  I slept in my clothes and had to stay in my clothes becuase my cousin still had my suit case.  Not until 7:30pm that night did I get my suitcase back.  I learned that day how sick Owen had gotten.  Don feared for his life and stayed up till early in the morning watching out for him.  The entire floor watched out for him tat night practically. They considered calling an ambulance to get his stomach pumped, but once they learned of the $800 fee, they decided to pass, and hope for the best.  To be honest I can't remeber what I did that day.  I think I went and ate somewhere, and/or watched cartoons with Don.  Mostly Simpsons, Ren and Stimpy, and Futurama.  That night I went back to the Lodge, but with Ting and Andrew this time.  I still felt sick from the previous night so I only had one beer and a couple of shots.  I didn't feel much of a buzz.  We played some volleyball, and met some more cool people in basement of the frat.  After a while we decided to go back to our home, unit 3.  Ting, Andrew, Aryk, Rose, and I walked back to the dorm, and to be honest, I can't remeber what we did after that. Oh wait, I remeber now.  We went up to Ting's room.  We talked for a while and then her roomate Abhi came in.  I am glad I got to meet her.  I felt comfortable around her instantly which says a lot.   She was very nice and hospitable.  Andrew came up too to enjoy the Chex Mix too.   We eat some Chex Mix and I eventually had some soup that was made by Gourmet Chef Ting Chin, thanks to a wonderful new can opener.  After talking for a while Andrew and I left and went to sleep.
8/31/02-  Today contained no alcohol or booze but I enjoyed it emencly(spelled wrong).  I got up at 10:30am or so and got dressed quickly.  Everyone seemed to be kinda sick so I decided to make my own plans.  The football game was supposedly a must, at least from my cousins point of view.  Owen met me at at Unit 3 Ida Sproul and tehn we met Katia who would come with us to the game.  It was good to see Katia again.  I got to know her more thatday than I had the whole year of school.  It ws nice.  The three of us met my cousin, Craig, and his gf Sara.  Craig and I get a long really well.  We have a lot in common and have similar senses of humor.  They showed us the best way into the game and we sat in the crazy student section.  The game was the most exciting I had ever seen on tv or in person.  CAL had 42 points at the end of the 1st quarter.  It was amazing.  One cool and scary thing was CAL students hate of red  It is the color of their rival, Stanford.  Anyone wearing a red shirt is instantly chanted at.  "Take off that red shirt, take off that red shirt."  Eventually everyone gives in, becuase the students don't stop yelling.  It was pretty hot outside and I began to melt, so Katia, Owen, and I decided to leave.  Katia had to go, so after taking her home, Owen and I went to Kips for some pizza.  It was just ok, not great.  Owen went back to Alena's house and I went back to Unit 3.  Some people were working on various homework and what not so I just chilled for a while.  Eventually Scott came over.  He is a nice guy and he drives a sweet ass sport bike.  We decided it would be a good night to go to San Francisco.  Scott, Ting, Andrew and I went back to Scott's building to meet up with a nice girl by the name of Hailey.  After that it was to SF we went.   After a 15 minute or so walk we were to the station.  Thanks to my terribly bad luck my third dollar got stuck in hte ticket machine, but after a 10 minute delay we were on our way.  While in basic terms the trip was made from waiting and more waiting, I found it really fun.  It was good to be in a city I didn't know with people I did.  It is something I won't be able to do very often, if ever again.  We had to wait for this bus like thing that ran on a track.  It took so long to get to our station that we nearly thought it wan't running that night.  When it finally did come some crazy old guy was sitting at the front making wierd comments.  One being "I could make a house back there with all that room."  I mouthed off a little back, but we moved to the back of the bus.    We arrived a Pier 39 and after a short debate we decided to go to this Chowder place.  I was the only one that got chowder, but whatever.  It was good.  We then went o the nearest station and waited another 30 minutes or so, but when the bus thing finally did come, only Scott and Hailey were able to get on.  We waited another 10 minutes for our and met the other two at the BART station.   We got back kinda at 11:30pm or so.  I had been calling Dwight the last couple days trying to set up a meeting, but now he had called me.  I had to take advantage of the situation.  After going to Scott's room and starting Fight Club and went and met Dwight at his house, which was not far from Scott's.  I was quikly introduced to his roomates.  They all seemed cool.  I can remember three of them well, Grant, Bernard(nickname), and Amy.  Grant grew up from Hawaii and Amy had a good sense of humor.  I decided to bring Dwight back with me to Scott's room so we could hang out a little more.  He stayed for a good 45 minutes or so and then went back home.  Ting and Andrew got pretty tired so we left about 30minutes shy of the finale.  No biggie. I had seen the ending a few times.  I wasn't really tired at all so I forced Ting to stay up and talk to me until Abhi came home.  I then went to bed.  What a day.
9/01/02-  ate at Fat Slice met greg, Morley and todd, beat to bart station, to get key, dorm room, 151, smoked weed, no party but walked around with floor 2, no andrew, andrewless hang out with ting. walked back to my cousins bored and writing text messages all the way.  More details coming soon, but then again maybe not. I did smoke weed that day.  If you want some indication of how out of it I truly was, hows this.  I thought I lost my glasses.  I was outside of Unit three and all by myself so I decided to call Don to come get me, but I had saved Don's number without the necessary 626 in front of the number which is needed while roaming.  I spent the next 20 minutes trying to look at his number and remember it well enough to get back to the screen and add the 626 to it.   I was unable to for quite some time.  Eventually Don came done to get me and help me look for my glasses.  We found them in my front shirt pocket.  Oops, my bad.
9/02/02- Woke up at 9:30am.  Took shower, and got ready.  Had brunch with Craig, Sara, and my Aunt.  Very good.  Then was taken by my aunt to the aiport after many minutes of relayed directions.  It was quite boring waiting there by myself.  I decided to call Don so I could explain my text messages of the night before, and keep myself entertained.  I was in group B this time which meant I would be in the second boarding group.  Regardless I didnt find a good seat with an open luggage compartment till I reached the back of the plane.  I sat in the window seat and began to relax.  Soon a older asian man took the isle seat in my row leaivng a seat between us.  I kept hoping some beautiful and/or interesting women would sit next to me.  I had never really flown by myself and was looking forward to my first single serving friend(Fight Club reference).  Then I say here.  She was maybe 21 or 22, standing 5'8'', asian, beautiful hair, and beautiful eyes.   She walked towards the back of the plane.  I attempted to single that there was an open seat next to me, but she seemed troubled.  She turned around and walked back continuing to look for a seat.  "Well that sucked," I thought, but then I realized a friend of hers had taken a seat in the middle of the plane.  It was one of those seats that faced the wrong way.  She walked towards the back of the plane one more time, and I decided to make a trade.  I remember once not being able to sit with one of my friends for a flight and how much it sucked, so I decided to trade with her friend.  This way I would still have a seat and they could sit together.  It worked out great until I realized I had a seat that faced backwards.  Oh well.  I took the hit and didn't get too nauseous.  I didn't make any single serving friends on that flight.  The people around me were nice enough, but I didn't feel the need to converse.  One terrible thing about the seats facing the wrong way are the stares.  Everyone is facing you, and looking at you.  I eventually became so angry with this that I removed my glasses.  That way I was incapable of seeing heir eyes stare at me.  As far as I was concerned everyone was looking straight foward.  The pilot performed an excellent landing, one of the smoothest yet.  As soon as the seatbelt sign was turned off I moved to the back of the plane.  I had realized during my flight that while putting your luggage in a bin farther in front of the plane than your seat worked out just fine, having behind could prove to be a problem.  After squeezing through a few kind people, and a few not so kind I reached my luggage.   To my surprise the beautiful women I had moved for thanked me.  It was quite genuine too which is always nice.  I told her , "No problem" as I always do.  I then pulled my luggage down and began to move foward never seeing her again.   Not a single serving friend, but maybe a single serving dream girl.  I walked quickly with no reason to wait, and no one to wrorry about but myself, well for 4 minutes anyway.  My parents were waiting for me just outside of the baggage claim.  I had been introduced back to my reality, and I was sorry I had to come back soo soon.  I will remember this trip forever, and if my memory fails me, I can always read about it here.
P.S. Jade Geronimo called me at 10:00pm.  Seems very cool and very giving.  He asked if I had a printer I could bring.  I thought he was asking so he could know whether I would share it with him, but he soon said, "Becasue I can bring two computers but only one printer."  I was like, WTF, this is awesome.
He also told me he has already bought a phone with caller ID and an answering machine.  This is gonna be sweet.
9/04/02- Justin B picked me up at 11:00am today.  We went to look at rims for his Contour at the place where we got the rims for the Subaru.  We found this awesome 5 Zigens that looked sick on his car, especially in 18".  We went to A and W for lunch.  There was only one mishap.  After finishing my root beer I fulled my cup with Sierra Mist.  This caused a chemical reaction opening the gates of hell.  Actually it just cause a lot of fizz and stuff to come spilling out of the glass.  Justin took me home a short time later.  At 5:00pm I drove over to Sue's house.  Im not sure why I came over so early, but we just sat and watched tv, and then the 5th Element.  Her friend Tania came over at 6:00pm or so.  We left for Cafe Cordiale where Sue's bf Katisse would be playing.  We had a nice dinner, I meet Katisse, and then we enjoyed the music.  It was fun, but I was a little more tired than usually.  I think I am kinda sick.  Oh well.  Got home at 2:00am and quickly went to bed, after reading my new Road and Track.
9/05/02- Just as I predicted, coming back has been quite lonely.  Many of my good friends are gone, and busy.  I understand now after visiting CAL how hard it is to just sit and talk to someone online when there is so much to do all the time.   It just sucks for the person with nothing to do.  I thought it would be a good idea to start studying spanish again.  I will have to take it starting this winter.  It is coming back to me quickly so I should be fine.
 One of my favorite things to do was drive my truck, or one of our cars, and now my truck is in the shop and the new subaru is on the way, but I have nothing of my own to cruise in.  That doesnt bother me soo much, but what does bother me is the fact I have no one to cruise with.  Oh well.  In 3 weeks I will be at UCSD and I will OD on fun, or so I hope.
9/10/02- Raced the Grand Am against Matt E's Legend.  The Pontiac gets a kick ass start and pulls about 1 car length ahead, and stays that way.   What a kick ass rental car.  Talk to Jade for about 2 hrs last night.  Seems like we will get along well.  We have a lot in common, and most importantly nothing that clashes too much.  So soon.  I will stay my first night in my dorm in 11 days.
9/18/02-  I havent updated this in so long.  I guess I just havent been doing enough bad stuff.  Now that I am in G-town things are much calmer.  About the worst thing I can do is speed.  Got my truck back on Monday and its about freakin time.  Iwas gonna get my new subwoofer but they cant locate one so now I have to wait a month until I come back from SD.  Oh well.  Subaru is kick ass too.  Im getting damn good at driving a stick and I should be ready for the pro drag racing circuit soon.  The Rex will be my speed demon, and my truck will be my cruiser.  I think Jade my roomate is already getting sick of me, but thats cool.  When I talk I make lots of jokes and shit, and he is kinda like get to the point, but I don't mind.  Dropped by Vance's house last night and damn glad I did.  Got to see a bunch of people I hadnt seen for a while, but I had gotten along with when I had known them.  Played some pool, and played some mafia.  Good times.  I like being around people.  My mind works better around people. Plus it hides the fact that I am 51% insane.  I hide it oh so well.
P.S.  I gotta G-tech my truck and see if it is any faster with this exhaust.  I will report back with my times.
10/24/02- I found this.  I agree with it.  Decided to put it here.  Its amazing that assholes can get girls. Actually, now that I think of it, its not that amazing. They are assholes at heart, but to meet girls they lavish their undying love. ITS A CHARADE. They act nice, friendly, and they listen until they get into what theyre after. Their prey thinks they are in love with them, however when they realize what assholes their predators really are, they pretend like the asshole is really nice inside. The girl tries to change the asshole into a nice guy, but assholes will always be assholes. She gets upset and goes to the nice guy to complain about the asshole. But she claims to love the asshole now this is where the theory begins. She doesnt want to look like she is easy so she wont dump the asshole right away, instead she will stay with the asshole. Girls are idiots. They dont realize that the nice guy has been there all along. He never had to pretend to be a good guy to get girls because he is naturally like that. However, girls dont see it for some reason or another. They look at the nice guy as a friend, a trusted companion to whom they can tell their sad story to about their asshole boyfriend. But the nice guy isnt THAT na´ve. He was trying to score with the girl he listens to all along. The problem is that since he is a nice guy he keeps listening. Since girls get attached to things that pay attention to them, they think of the nice guy as a friend. A FRIEND. They dont say, Oh hes hot or I want to have his children about the nice guy, they just want the emotional support. When they get the emotional support from the nice guy, they dont need it from the asshole. The nice guy gets the shit end of the stick while the asshole gets all the action. I am starting to wonder if being a nice guy is really the route to take to get action I have been down this path for all of my post-pubescent life and it has gotten me NOWHERE at least not in the women department. Perhaps another reason why girls fall for the asshole is because assholes ignore the girl they are with. The women wonder, Why isnt he paying attention to me? so they explore why. They poke and prod and get closer to the asshole. They start to get easier with each attempt to get closer. The asshole finally says, Ive let this beauty dangle long enough, time to boat this bass. It is then he puts on his charade and the girl feels like she has won him even thought all she has won is an asshole. Once you have gone down the path as a nice guy or a listener you cant turn back. The girl will always go after the assholes because there are always nice guys there to listen. Once you realize that you are a listener you cant do anything about it just pack up and close shop. There is no way you will get into her pants ever. There is and never will be a situation where the nice guy will get the girl he has a crush on. It just doesnt work like that. The girl wont come to her senses and realize what an asshole her boyfriend is like in the movies instead she will just go after another asshole, and unless you stop being a nice guy, she will never go after you. Women complain that there are no nice guys in the world. Right. They are obviously not looking hard enough because there are nice guys EVERYWHERE!!!! Girls arent looking for nice guys they say they are but theyre not. They are looking for the perfect asshole, but there is NO SUCH THING as the perfect asshole. All in all, the nice guy gets the shaft. To all the girls out there with boyfriends that dont treat you with respect, that dont listen to you, and that dont care about you I say this; look next to you. The guy that has been standing next to you the whole time is the guy you have been looking for. He is what you want your asshole to be like. He knows more about you than you know about yourself because he has listened to it all.

This page is secret.